acknowledgment of the modified Policy;
agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
Information that is necessary for the use of the StayCay Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the StayCay Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a StayCay Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the StayCay Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the StayCay Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via StayCay Payments).
- Communications with StayCay and other Members. When you communicate with StayCay or use the StayCay Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO GIVE US
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using StayCay Platform. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your StayCay profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the StayCay Platform, like inviting them to use StayCay.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your StayCay Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the StayCay Platform.
INFORMATION THAT IS NECESSARY FOR THE USE OF THE PAYMENT SERVICES.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Host, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT FROM YOUR USE OF THE STAYCAY PLATFORM AND PAYMENT SERVICES
When you use the StayCay Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the StayCay Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the StayCay Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. StayCay may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the StayCay Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the StayCay Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the StayCay Platform, even if you have not created an StayCay Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the StayCay Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the StayCay Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information. StayCay Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the StayCay Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and StayCay Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
StayCay and StayCay Payments may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the StayCay Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the StayCay Platform and the Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your StayCay Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Your References. If someone has written a reference for you, it will be published on your StayCay public profile page with your consent.
- Background Information. For Members in the Jamaica, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, StayCay and StayCay Payments may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of the Jamaica, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, StayCay and StayCay Payments may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the StayCay Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
HOW WE COLLECT INFROMATION FROM YOU
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you:
- Register for a user account;
- Leave feedback and/or comments;
- sign up for special offers from us or selected third parties;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- place an order for one of our services;
- complete one of our customer surveys;
- get in touch with us
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our site and to gather demographic information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will primarily use your Personally Identifiable Information to;
- Enable you to access and use the StayCay Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the StayCay Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the StayCay Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions or ranking search results), we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the StayCay Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the StayCay Platform.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about StayCay or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google).
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by StayCay or its third party partners.
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the StayCay Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
HOW TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
(a) our server providers and processing agents;
(b) service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing and technology services;
(c) financial institutions with which we partner; and
(d) other third parties with your consent or direction to do so
Without limiting the above, occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about our users’ traffic patterns, and related site information to third party advertisers.
HOW THE PAYMENTS DATA CONTROLLER USES THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your StayCay Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by StayCay partners or third parties.
SHARING BETWEEN MEMBERS
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Host (and Co-Host, if applicable), including your full name, the full name of any additional Guests, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- When you as a Host (or Co-Host, if applicable) have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, and Accommodation or Experience address.
- When you as a Host invite another Member to become a Co-Host, you authorize the Co-Host to access your information and Member Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, phone number, Accommodation address, and email address.
- When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your full name, travel dates, Host name, Listing details, the Accommodation address, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest.
- When you as a Guest initiate a Group Payment Booking Request certain information about each participant such as first name, last initial, profile picture as well as the booking details is shared among all participants of the Group Payment Booking Request.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
PROFILES, LISTINGS, AND OTHER PUBLIC INFORMATION
The StayCay Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Accommodation or Experience’s approximate location (neighborhood and city) or precise location (where you have provided your consent), Listing description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, Guests and Hosts may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the StayCay Platform (such as the Listing page).
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the StayCay Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the StayCay Platform we may display parts of the StayCay Platform (e.g., your Listing page) on sites operated by StayCay’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the StayCay Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES BY HOSTS
Hosts may need to use third party services available through the StayCay Platform to assist with managing their Accommodation or providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the StayCay Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out dates, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third party service providers for the purposes of coordinating the stay, managing the Accommodation, or providing other services.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by logging on to your account and editing your information.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
We may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our services. In addition, we and our partners may occasionally send you direct mail (including e-mail) about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from such e-mail messages.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the StayCay Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by StayCay. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may, at any time ask StayCay to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by StayCay.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. We will then correct out records, and notify any third parties to whom such personal information may have been transmitted as described above.
- Right to data portability. You may request a copy of all personal information you have provided to us after which we will transmit those data to another data controller of your choice.
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to object to processing. You may request that we stop processing your personal information. Please note you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by StayCay, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, StayCay will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from StayCay.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our lawful basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect vital interests.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
ANALYZING YOUR COMMUNICATIONS
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the StayCay Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on StayCay’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
LINKING THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS
You may link your StayCay Account with your account at a third party social networking service. Your contacts on these third party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your StayCay Account profile;
- your activities on the StayCay Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the StayCay Platform and/or that third party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your StayCay public profile;
- other StayCay users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other StayCay users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to StayCay through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the StayCay Platform and the third party site.
We only collect your information from linked third party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT AND RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by StayCay you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to StayCay specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of StayCay override your own.
When you sign up to receive our newsletters, we collect personal information about you. This information is used for a couple of reasons: to keep you in the loop on the things you’ve asked us to tell you about, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied! We do not, and will never, sell or trade mailing lists with other organisations and businesses for marketing purposes.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
- hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers.
- use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
- use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorised access to systems and data.
- regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. StayCay may discipline or terminate individuals who maliciously acquire information, without being entitled to its access.
Once client information is no longer needed, StayCay will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information as long as StayCay is not required by applicable laws and regulations.
We will take seriously and deal promptly with any accidental or unauthorised disclosure of personal information. We follow the relevant scheme for notifiable data breaches where applicable and when handling accidental or unauthorised disclosures of personal information.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described above will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
HOW AND WHY DOES STAYCAY USE THEM?
StayCay keeps all the information collected from cookies in a non–personally identifiable format. StayCay cookies located on your computer do not retain your name or your IP address.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES STAYCAY USE?
The following types of cookies are used on StayCay websites.
- Necessary cookiesThese are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of a website. Without these cookies, this website won’t work properly. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies your informed consent is required.
- Session cookiesSession cookies are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
- Cookies that send information to usThese are the cookies that we set on StayCay Site and they can only be read by that site. This is known as a “First Party”
We also place cookies on brand ads which are placed on other websites owned by third parties. We obtain information via those cookies when you click on or interact with the advertisement. In this situation the brand is placing a “Third Party” cookie. The brand may use the information obtained by these cookies to serve you with advertising that is relevant and of interest to you based on your past online behaviour.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES / TURNING OFF COOKIES
NOTICE CONCERNING DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third party websites, whose information practices may be different from StayCay’s. Visitors should consult such third-party sites’ privacy notices as StayCay does not have any control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. StayCay does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party.
These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by StayCay of the contents on such third-party websites. StayCay cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website, since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
StayCay is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. StayCay has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. StayCay strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the StayCay website and or certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or through our site. Once we have received your information, we will use security feature and procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we obtained your consent, such as through an opt-in or opt-out tick box on any form or website of ours.
DATA SECURITY POLICY
The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with visitors to the Website—as well as StayCay customer information, such as cell phone numbers, texts, messages, credit card information, addresses, and other account data—is of utmost concern to StayCay.com, and we have implemented, and periodically review, certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security. Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address. Unfortunately, due to the open nature of Internet communications, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and thus we cannot guarantee that communications between you and StayCay will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Visitors of the Website and StayCay customers use the Website at their own risk.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
We will hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as we are legally required or permitted to do so. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
If a situation arises, where you have a privacy dispute, please contact StayCay directly and we will be glad to work in a fair and practical way with you. Our contact info is mentioned below. If your communication with StayCay has not led to a mutually agreeable resolution, we shall participate in the dispute resolution procedures established by the Jamaican data protection authorities to resolve disputes.
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request; however, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You must be at least 18 years old (or otherwise reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is older) to have our permission to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, address, etc.) on any profile page, discussion forum, message board or other public areas of the site, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be viewed, collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to public areas on this site are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to third parties.
ENQUIRIES AND FURTHER DETAILS
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please send an email to us at email@example.com