The central part of Mandeville is known for its 19th-century houses, flourishing flower gardens and laid-back vibe. Take a stroll around town to see the fountains, war memorial and busts of national figures around Cecil Charlton Park, also known as Mandeville Square. Opposite the park is the oldest building in town, the Mandeville Courthouse, built from limestone blocks by slaves, circa 1817. Its Doric columns and horseshoe staircase make the courthouse a striking local landmark. The attached rectory built in 1820 is the oldest home in Mandeville. On the south side of Cecil Charlton Park, see St. Mark’s Anglican Church with its Gothic accents, unusual for the Caribbean. Established in 1816, it’s still a working parish church.