The Morant Point Lighthouse is located on the easternmost tip of St. Thomas and is the oldest lighthouse on the island. The site is maintained by the Port Authority of Jamaica and overlooks the Morant Cays, a small group of islands on a coral reef off the coast of Jamaica. The lighthouse was built in 1841 and is listed as a National Monument by the Jamaica National Heritage Trust.